Firstly, I'm stopping running the critique service for a while as no one has submitted any work for this for a few months now. If any of you are interested in restarting this in the future, please let me know.
Secondly, I realised that it's been a while since our last contest so I thought it was about time we started a new one. As the rules of the last two contests have been fairly restrictive, I'm relaxing them a little bit for this one - let's just make it fun. For more information, read on!
1. The theme of this contest is to write a short story or poem. It can be on any subject you like, but it must be told from the perspective of a villain (many thanks to Tris96 for the prompt for this contest).
2. You have exactly a month from today to submit your entries - submissions close at 12pm GMT on 13th May 2014 and then the judging will begin.
3. Submissions can be poetry of prose. Just please ensure that your submissions do not exceed 3,000 words. I will allow a 10% leeway (i.e. up to 3,300 words) but if you go over this you will be disqualified.
4. Usual group rules still apply - i.e. no fan-fiction and flag your work if it contains mature themes.
5. Submissions must be made to the 'Contest Entry' folder in the gallery. Submissions made to any other folder will not be counted.
6. Only one submission per person please - make it your best work
7. The winner will be picked by myself after the end date - how soon after will depend on how many entries I have to read. The kind of things that I will be looking at when I judge is originality, good grasp of grammar and spelling, word count and ability to cleverly incorporate in the contest theme.
8. The winning piece will be displayed forever in our Featured Gallery for everyone to admire.
If you have any questions, please post below and I will be more than happy to answer. If not - may the odds be forever in your favor.
Hello there! Are you currently offering literature based commissions or trades? If so, let me know the details and I'll pop them on here. Simple as that. I won't even ask for anything in return, but if you would like to tell your friends how great this group is that would be fantastic!
is currently open for commissions in both poetry and flash fiction (600-1,000 words). Please check his page or send him a note for rates and further details.
is currently open for short story commissions and trades (3,000 words or less). Please check her page or send her a note for further details.
is currently offering commissions in both poetry and short stories. Rates for these vary between 10pts and 50pts so for further details please send them a note or click [here]
is currently offering commissions in poetry, prose and scripts. Rates for these start at just 15pts so for further details please send them a note or click [here]